Saturday, August 2, 2008

Suddenly!

My daughter and I have a game we play a lot in the car. We will listen to the classical radio station and make up stories that go along with the music. The other night she wanted to play and I was tired. When it was my turn to tell a story…….my story was feeble. And she looks at me and says, “that is not a story there was not a suddenly”.

Her statement really struck me and I really pondered it. We love to tell stories and listen to stories –especially about miracles. They always include a “suddenly” which is really God’s miraculous power that breaks into our natural world. These stories are our testimonies! I know we all have them - testimonies of God’s miraculous power and love invading our lives.

I have also included a few verses that capture the “suddenlies” in the Bible:

As they were walking along and talking, suddenly a chariot of fire appeared, drawn by horses of fire. It drove between the two men, separating them, and Elijah was carried by a whirlwind into heaven. II Kings 2:11

The light from the sun was gone. And suddenly, the curtain in the sanctuary of the Temple was torn down the middle. Luke 23:45

Suddenly, there was a sound from heaven like the roaring of a mighty windstorm, and it filled the house where they were sitting. Acts 2:2

Suddenly, there was a bright light in the cell, and an angel of the Lord stood before Peter. The angel struck him on the side to awaken him and said, “Quick! Get up!” And the chains fell off his wrists. Acts 12:7



Please keep the “suddenlies” coming Lord Jesus…..break into our world today!

No comments: