Friday, February 20, 2009

Save you!

Recently, my daughter said to me, "Mommy, if anyone tried to hurt you...I would give my life to save you." After trying to recapture my composure, I reassured her that I felt we both were safe. Then I said, "if anyone tried to hurt you...I would give my life to save you!"

A few minutes later, she said, "I don't think my father would give his life to save me...."

OK seriously, what do you say to that kind of statement? I hope she is wrong...but I don't have any real substantial evidence to prove her wrong....

A few days later, I got the answer!

I reminded her what she had said about her father. I said, " Actually Kiera, your Heavenly Father died for you and me on the cross and rose again"....and because He did this for us...we have:

Forgiveness, Right Standing with God, Complete Acceptance, Financial Abundance, Healing, Blessings, Life, and we share in His glory.

He gave His life so that we would have life...He saved you!

1 comment:

Cris Aguilar said...

Great insight! Our Father is always looking out for us, kind to us, gracious and gave to the greatest gift. Jesus. This was no easy task as Jesus, being human, and dying an ugly death. We have much to be grateful for!