Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Jesus Justice

Why decree Justice?

I believe we have developed such a skewed view of Justice.. Justice is often associated with punishment or wrath – evening up the score. This is not the Justice that God describes in Isaiah 42:1-4

1 “Look at my servant, whom I strengthen. He is my chosen one, who pleases me. I have put my Spirit upon him. He will bring justice to the nations.
2 He will not shout or raise his voice in public.
3 He will not crush the weakest reed or put out a flickering candle. He will bring justice to all who have been wronged.
4 He will not falter or lose heart until justice prevails throughout the earth. Even distant lands beyond the sea will wait for his instruction.”

We want this kind of Justice -- I call it Jesus Justice – it encompasses deliverance, love and mercy. When the spirit of justice falls that means repentance and humbling will occur and that must be in place for true healing and restoration to occur. Justice is not about someone being punished for a wrong doing – justice has occurred when an individual takes responsibility for his actions, has repented for his actions -- asked forgiveness, and seeking Gods restoration in their lives ensuring this will never happen again………….

While I believe negative behavior should have consequences – I also hope that Jesus Justice falls because this will result in heart movement. Meaning that the individual will not only be repentant for their behavior but also will humble themselves and cry out to God for His love and His restoration in their lives……

No comments: